A round dining room table can create intimacy among your family members and friends but with the long-time use, the dining room table may be damaged or dirty. Thus, we need to maintain the dining room table regularly and learn how to fix the troubles when getting dirty and crashing.
Explore the Different Materials Available for Round Dining Tables
There are a variety of materials available for round dining tables, each with their own unique qualities and characteristics. Here are some of the most common materials used in round dining tables:
- Wood: Wood is a classic material for dining tables and offers a warm and natural look. It’s also durable and can withstand everyday use. Common types of wood used for dining tables include oak, maple, walnut, and cherry.
- Glass: Glass is a sleek and modern material that can make a small dining area feel more spacious. It’s also easy to clean and maintain. However, it’s not as durable as other materials and can be prone to scratches and cracks.
- Metal: Metal is a strong and durable material that can be used to create a variety of styles, from industrial to contemporary. It’s also easy to clean and maintain. Common metals used for dining tables include steel, iron, and aluminum.
- Marble: Marble is a luxurious material that adds elegance and sophistication to any dining room. It’s also durable and easy to clean. However, it’s heavy and can be prone to staining and etching.
- Stone: Stone is a natural and durable material that adds a rustic and earthy feel to a dining room. It’s also resistant to scratches and stains. Common types of stone used for dining tables include granite, quartz, and slate.
- Acrylic: Acrylic is a lightweight and modern material that can give a dining room a contemporary look. It’s also easy to clean and maintain. However, it’s not as durable as other materials and can be prone to scratches and cracks.
- Composite: Composite materials, such as MDF or particleboard, are a more affordable alternative to solid wood. They’re also easy to clean and maintain. However, they’re not as durable as other materials and can be prone to warping and chipping over time.
How to Maintain A Round Dining Room Table
Maintaining a round dining table requires some effort to keep it in good condition. Here are some tips to help you maintain your round dining table:
- Clean Regularly: Wipe down the table with a soft cloth and a mild cleaner to remove any dust, food particles, or spills. Avoid using abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the surface of the table.
- Protect the Surface: Use placemats, coasters, or tablecloths to protect the surface of the table from scratches, heat, and spills. If you are serving hot food, use trivets or heat-resistant pads to avoid damaging the table.
- Avoid Direct Sunlight: Exposure to direct sunlight can fade and damage the surface of the table over time. Try to position your table away from windows or use curtains or blinds to filter the sunlight.
- Avoid Extreme Temperatures and humidity: Extreme temperatures and humidity can cause the wood or stone to expand or contract, which can lead to warping or cracking. Try to keep your table in a room with a stable temperature and humidity level.
- Polish Occasionally: Use a furniture polish specifically designed for your table’s material to keep it looking shiny and new. Avoid using too much polish or applying it too frequently, as this can build up and create a dull finish.
- Repair Minor Damage: If your table has minor scratches, dents, or stains, use a touch-up kit to repair the damage. Follow the instructions carefully to ensure that the repair blends in with the surrounding surface.
Those solutions are for the general dining room table. As for certain material, something should be noticed:
- Solid wood table would absorb moisture, causing deformation, swelling or cracking, so you need to keep it dry as much as possible. People often use oil wax for the wood table to maintain a good gloss and protection. However, it is necessary to choose environmentally friendly oil and wax materials, especially for a kid family.
- Marble top table is relatively hard to maintain due to its ease to crack, but here are some useful tips of marble table caring for you.
As the tabletop or pedestal is damaged, you need to repair it with professional tools and the same materials. To make sure its completeness and safety, contact the maintenance company or customer service to resolve the problem.
When choosing a material for a round dining table, consider the style of your dining room, your budget, and your lifestyle needs. Each material offers its own unique advantages and disadvantages, so it’s important to choose one that best fits your needs and preferences. Different materials should be maintained by different solutions. With those tips above, you are able to keep your round dining room table looking great for years to come.